|Chapter: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 |||Association Governance|
|Article: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |||Member Meeting|
|Section: 6758 ||
Section 6758 - Interested Directors
(a) Notwithstanding any other law, and regardless of whether an association is incorporated or unincorporated, the provisions of Sections 7233 and 7234 of the Corporations Code shall apply to any contract or other transaction authorized, approved, or ratified by the board or a committee of the board.
(b) A director or member of a committee shall not vote on any of the following matters:
(1) Discipline of the director or committee member.
(2) An assessment against the director or committee member for damage to the common area or facilities.
(3) A request, by the director or committee member, for a payment plan for overdue assessments.
(4) A decision whether to foreclose on a lien on the separate interest of the director or committee member.
(5) Review of a proposed physical change to the separate interest of the director or committee member.
(6) A grant of exclusive use common area to the director or committee member.
(c) Nothing in this section limits any other provision of law or the governing documents that govern a decision in which a director may have an interest.
Prior Law: Old CID Section 1365.6 (6758(a))
6758(b)&(c) First Enacted: Statutes of 2013, Section 21 of Chapter 605
Similar to: CID Section 5350